BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Skinny is a Myth


I have done alot of research on baby blogs, new mothers, and I havent come across anyone who has expressed their fustration on losing the baby weight. So I guess everyone who has ever been preggers was a freak of nature and was a perfect size 2. So heres my confessions. I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy and have stretch marks the size of railroad tracks. There Ive said it but the problem is having every other mother come forward and say it too. I always come across the "perfect mom" who gave birth, then ran 6 laps around the hospital while coming home in her size 0 jeans. I, on the other hand, looked like somone after a buffet eating contest and I wasnt going home any lighter. So my new years resolution was to lose that baby weight and get into those infamous "skinny jeans". My skinny jeans are the jeans that caught my husbands eyes, now they r catching dust on the closet shelf. So what have I been doing to turn this -7 into a 10? Well, im running, condition training, and calorie counting. Is it working? no, ive lost a total of 5lbs in three months. What I think is even more annoying than working my butt of and seeing no results, is hearing other people give me very obvious advise. "maybe you should watch what you eat" "have you tried diet pills" and my favorite. "your not fat, you just had a baby". ok, but its been three and half months and I can officially no longer say "I just had a baby" but then again six months is the mark of weight loss. I was reading an article from a doctor who said that if you don't lose the weight with in six months after the baby is born, your fat is doomed to linger on ur body FOREVER! Well, he didnt exactly say that but he said that it will be harder to lose if you let it sit there. How can a woman workout when she has a little person wanting her 24/7? Who would a thought such a little person could completely change your body, mind, and soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment