BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Lonely




Thinking back from my childhood I remember weekends at my grandpas, nights at my grandmas, and summers in Texas with my aunts. My childhood was complicated, so any time my siblings and I got a chance to go to their houses it was like a dog being saved from the dog bound. We're FREE! I can't help thinking how much joy and connection we all had with eachother as a family but as does everything else, time took a toll on our happiness. Eventually, my grandparents got sick, people got caught up in their "busy lives", and connection was lost. The love that was once so strong has decayed into almost non existence. We used to have christmas and thanksgiving at one house, now we are lucky to see eachother at all. Work, school, and hobbies can't be the blame for this but our own selfish acts. When my grandfather was alive, he was the cement that build our foundation and theres no doubt about that. I feel like a stranger in my own family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment